Dr. Marlyn Morris
PhD; M.Sc. (Econ.); LLB (Hons); BA (Hons); Dip. Education,
Certificate (Legislative Drafting); Certified Professional Coach (CPC); Teachers’ Certificate.
Empowered to Nurture…Inspire…Motivate…and Transform!
Dr. Marlyn Morris is a Strategic Policy and Development Planning Consultant, Legislative Reviewer and Drafter, Educator /Trainer and Life Coach. An awardee- Canada’ Top 100 Black Women to watch in 2016 and was identified as a pioneer and catalyst.
Brief Profile Statements
“Strategic, innovative and visionary leader, with strong organization and strategic relationship building skills; transformational change-agent with political acuity and robust record of success within the Strategic Policy, Planning and Stakeholder Relationship Management in The Public, Private and Not-For-Profit Sectors”
“Collaborative, systems-thinker and development planner with strong determination to lead the growth and development of an organization into success by facilitating change focused on strategic priorities and stakeholder dialogue”
“Family, parent and youth empowerment coach and mentor with special focus on leadership, management and parent coaching for managing and leading successful teams and for raising conscious, successful and resilient children.”
“Business Development and Investment, Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building Expert”
“Legislative Reviewer and Legislative Drafter, with competency training and focus in Public International Law, Commercial Law, Company Law, Administrative Law. Family Law and Land Law”
“Curriculum Developer, Educator and Trainer”
• Founder and Director of Programs, Ontario College for Development Training, a Private Career College approved by the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities under the private Colleges Act, 2005. www.ontariocollege-training.org
• Co-Founder and Managing Consultant of Morris and Associates, St Lucia-A Strategic Development Planning, Policy and Institutional Strengthening Consultancy Services.
• Past Vice President of the Black Business and Professional Association of Toronto and the 2014-2016-Vice President of the Black Business and Professional Association of Toronto
• 2014-2016-Established and became the Program Manager of the Centre of Excellence and Business Incubator of the Black Business and Professional Association of Toronto
• Governance Commissioner of the Ontario National Association of Black School Educators (ONABSE). www.onabse.org -An agency of volunteers promoting educational research, development and advocacy for black education development and change.
• Volunteer Program Manager of e-Campmentoring, Oshawa, Canada, www.ecampmentoring.com-an online and onsite mentoring agency for industry expert mentorship of youth and young adults.
• Since 2014, A member of the College of Project Reviewers of the -Ontario Centres of Excellence. (OCE) http://www.oce-ontario.org.The OCE accelerates innovation through gamechanging research leading to successful commercialization and vibrant collaboration between industry and academia helping to launch the next generation of products and jobs
• Since 2011-Chairman Emeritus of the NGO, Caribbean Council for Economic Development (CCFED) ; http://www.ccfed.net.. This is s USA registered Not for Profit Organization dedicated to the advancement of private sector entrepreneurial development, regionally, nationally and among the Diaspora communities of peoples of Caribbean origin.
• Since 2014-Member of the Board of Trustees/Leaders for The Strategic Learning lliance
Institute http://www.strategiclearningalliance.org/www.strategiclearningalliance.org/aboutorganization-leadership and the Wainwright Global Inc, Coach Training Affiliates, California.
• Since 2016, Voluntary Program Coordinator, R.E.S.T-Promoting restoration of homeless youth, Toronto
• Since 2016, Voluntary Program Coordinator Seniors Action Plan-Brampton, Toronto. Years of Working Experience with International Agencies
• Over 25 years as Development Policy Advisor and Development Planning Consultant, to many governments of the Caribbean and Guyana.
• 1996-2017-As International Development Planning and Policy consultant, worked on various country specific projects and programs in sectoral development planning and capacity building/institutional strengthening consultancy projects, across the Caribbean and Guyana. As an International Consultant on projects sponsored by the Organization of American States (OAS), the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Caribbean Development Bank,
United Nations Development Program, UN-HABITAT, and European Union Special Framework of Assistance Program for African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries. This work included many consultancy assignments in public sector strategic policy and planning reviews, institutional strengthening and capacity building and public-private partnership strategies for building good governance in community development.
• Since 2006-Engaged in Volunteerism, Mentoring, Coaching, Counselling and Motivational Speaking. Focus Groups:- 1) vulnerable women, men and youth as well as the conduct of programs for ensuring peak performance and empowerment training for these same groups 2) Training of adult tertiary learners in leadership, management and strategic development. 3) coaching and advisory for leaders, managers and small business entrepreneurs.
Awards and Recognitions
• 1985-United Nations Scholarship to pursue the M.Sc. (Econ.) Urban Development Planning
• 1986-World Bank Scholarship to pursue a PhD in Planning and Development Studies
• 1986-Overseas Research Student Award by the Association of Principals and Vice Chancellors of the UK for outstanding Scholarship in the M.Sc. (Econ).
• 2016-Awardee-one of the Top 100 Black Women to watch in Canada 2016-Identified as a
Pioneer and Catalyst www.cibwe.ca
• 2016-Selected to receive the Women in Business Award of the International Women Achievers
• 2017 Awardee of the International Award-Woman of High Esteem in the Field of Education, New York