Manager, Social Innovation
Requisition ID: #Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.The Manager, Social Innovation plays a key role in the Social Impact & Sustainability team, supporting the Senior Manager, Social Innovation with business innovation and social impact initiatives. By working with the business lines across the organization, the Manager, Social Innovation supports the development of innovative products, services or programs that help integrate social impact into the business.
- Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champion the concept of social innovation – the application of innovative, practical, business approaches that achieve positive social and/or environmental change – and work with stakeholders across the business to bring this to life.
- Work with stakeholders across business lines – Global Banking & Markets, Canadian Banking, Global Wealth Management and International Banking – to discover, develop and support the piloting and implementation of new business initiatives that drive social impact across the Bank.
- Support the Senior Manager, Social Innovation, on the development of a social finance strategy for the Bank, bringing on board external experts as required.
- End to end project management of social innovation initiatives and programs – from ideation through development and launch, gaining buy-in from senior stakeholders and implementation.
- Work with key stakeholders across marketing and communications to ensure social innovation programs and initiatives are utilized as a key proof point of our ESG narrative.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her/their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct Qualifications-Post-Secondary Education College or University
- Experience working within financial services or strong demonstrated understanding of banking and financial services
- Passionate about social finance and social innovation experience a strong asset
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated understanding of finance and financial services
- Understanding of the intersection between financial services and social impact
- Strong demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong influencing and persuasion to present complex ideas and win over an audience
- Strong understanding of social innovation and what best practice looks like
Location(s): Canada: Ontario: Toronto Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted