Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture ensures that systems and infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards are designed and implemented to support Scotiabank’s business requirements. We supports short- and medium-term business and technology initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank’s 3- to 5-year technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other GTS teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects. The team promotes global technology consistency and a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, and designs.
Reporting to the Principal Architect – Enterprise Platforms within GTS Architecture, you’ll contribute to the overall success of the Enterprise Platforms GTS Architecture team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- You will participate and often lead the development and maintenance of patterns and standards for solutions surrounding Enterprise Platform technologies in conjunction with the other GTS Architecture teams. Including but not limited to; employee mobility (MDM) technologies, IT services, endpoint OS, Domain (AD, GPO) technologies, Email systems, Productivity Apps (e.g. Office 365), AV (working closely with the networking and Unified Communications team), Print Services, Branch Specific Technologies, and Desktop (WIN/MAC).
- You will engage directly with global constituents to provided architecture direction and input on:
- Prioritized initiatives;
- Infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards to align globally approved offerings;
- including when standard does not exist today (leads to interaction with business and Solutions Integration and Delivery [SI&D]);
- Participate in specialized Design Councils and the GTS Architectural Review Board; and
- Acts in a consulting role from ideation through design.
- You will participate and often lead cross-disciplinary efforts to research, incubate, test, and perform proof of concepts of new and innovative IT infrastructure technologies and solutions for the potential use in the Bank in conjunction with the other GTS Architecture teams, as well as Information Security & Controls (IS&C).
- You will work with the GTS Architectural Governance team to capture and document standards, infrastructure patterns, principals, and frameworks in a consistent and clear format. While ensuring quality, accuracy, and currency of the standards within the reference library are aligned with Business and GTS needs.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have at least 10 years of progressive technical working experience in the Enterprise Platforms space; with at least 2 years of technical working experience in an architectural practice.
- You are a technical subject matter expert in more than one Enterprise Platform technology area.
- You can lead and contribute to highly complex initiatives that require an in depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- You can effectively provide a focused perspective, input, and decision-making skills in the area of Enterprise Platforms.
- You possess the ability to translate highly complex concepts for the team, peers and customers.
- You can lead and contribute to technical reviews in the areas of Enterprise Platforms.
- You have a post-secondary education in Computer Science or technical equivalence.